Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In Search of Cochise

After a great day of climbing at Milagrosa Canyon today, I am frantically trying to find all the warm coats, hats and mittens that get neglected here in Tucson as I pack for a trip to St. Louis. I am also questioning my sanity, leaving Tucson at it's finest for the sub-arctic weather of the midwest. When I get off the plane tomorrow, the high will be about 15 degrees, not factoring wind chill. Holy crap.

Yesterday Clayton and I took advantage of the amazing weather and headed out to the east side of Cochise Stronghold for some bouldering. Scattered around the campground, and a short hike away, are a good number of fantastic granite boulders. We got worked pretty hard on these granite eggs. While they are not steep, the climbing is very physical, with lots of powerful squeezing and pressing involved. Every problem we got on was great, with a variety of interesting features to keep things interesting. I could go on and on about how cool the place is and how much history the place has, but I gotta keep this short to finish packing....so here's the video....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment