Monday, June 22, 2009

A Year In The Old Pueblo Pt. 2

Looking at all those photos also got me thinking about all the stellar climbing opportunites here in Tucson, and many of my favorite climbs of the past year. So I thought I would list some of my favorites at various grades, both for Tucsonians looking for some stuff to check out, and maybe help get our out-of-town friends psyched to get out here and climb with us. It'd be really cool if others want to list their fave's as well, either as a post (C and dp) or maybe in the comments if you've got some memorable Tucson climbs you'd like to mention.

Here's my list of must-do's (sticking to climbs that I have actually redpointed):

5.8
In Lightning, The Druid
Valentine's Day Arete, Milagrosa Canyon
Puppy Chow, Lost Hawk

5.9
The Golden Egg, Goosehead
Chihuahua Power, Lost Hawk
Clip, Clip Here, Munckinland
R-4, Rupley Towers

5.10
Talk of the Nation, Troll Wall
Bunkweed, The Steep
Two Birds Too Stoned, The Steep
Community Service, Milagrosa

5.11
Arizona Flyways, Anduriel Tower
The Breeze, Middle Earth
Steve's Arete, Hunchback Pinnacle
Stealin', Milagrosa
Armed Robbery, Jailhouse

5.12
The Wizard, Milagrosa
Solar Power, Milagrosa
Demolition Derby, The Helmet

I was thinking of listing my projects for the next year, but that list is WAY too long. Needless to say, there is lots to be done, and I maybe I'll update this next year with some new classics to rave about (hopefully I'll be able to add some 13's to the list...).

Anybody else have favorites???

No comments:

Post a Comment