Monday, September 21, 2009

Rooooad Triiiiiip!

When I was young, and we were about to cram into the car for a family vacation, my dad would get up early, get all the last minute things packed and ready to go, then head over to the record player to ready his wake up call. Minutes later we would all be stumbling out of bed, covering our ears and heading for the car as he blasted the song "Vacation" by The GoGo's. So that is the song I have in my head as Kerry and I make final preparations for our week long trip to Moab, UT and Durango, CO.

"Vacation, all I ever wanted; Vacation, tryin to get away"

Few things get me as excited and revved up as road trips. Getting out of town, seeing new places, meeting new people, a break from the standard and routine, mishaps and misadventures....these are just a few of the things that make raveling great. Unfortunately I don't get to road trip too much any more, so I've been looking forward to this one for a while - especially so since we get to leave the kids at home. I am also excited to play with my new toy:

A Flip UltraHD video camera. A cheap, no-frills camera that takes excellent HD-quality video - perfect for Team Tuesday bouldering videos. Hopefully I'll get some nice footage of the gorgeous Big Bend boulders outside of Moab and the sweet Dakota sandstone blocs outside of Durango. And this fall and winter we are gonna go on a bouldering frenzy in Tucson. Through some top secret surveillance we have found a handful of (probably) new bouldering spots around Tucson, and I'm pretty sure we will have some great videos of new FA's going down in the desert.

OK, I got out my nervous excitement, time to finish packing. Stay tuned for updates.


1 comment: