Friday, May 8, 2009

Your climbing has no honor

Your climbing has no honor. When I defeated Mil Mascaras for the Pan-American Heavyweight Lucha Libre Title at the Estadio Santa Maria de Los Flores in Caracas in 1974 I felt a stirring in my soul. When I flew into the air and finished him with my attaque espectaculo I did not ask him to 'spot' me. In my lengua we do not even have a word for 'spot'. Or 'rope'. Or 'take'.
When I placed my knee with precision upon the tercera vertebrae and tilted his head back to rip the mask from his weakling's putty-face, oh que chingon!, I thought. Here I will expose to the world that Mil Mascaras es nada mas que un beast with the face of a slope-headed simpleton and the heart of a jackal! Mil Mascaras sold what little honor that God had blessed him with many years before we met alla in Caracas, but it was only there that I brought honor back to la lucha by taking his mask and allowing the light of Truth to blaze upon his forehead the mark of shame that he would wear until the end of his slovenly pig-faced life. Que cochino.
As Mil Mascaras brought shame upon himself and the great lucha by stepping into the ring with as much courage and dignity as a schnauzer dragging his worm-ridden anus across a gravel parking-lot, you degrade la piedra every time you place your unworthy hands upon it. Manos like that are fit only for peeling the rotten husks off of month-old tamales or finger-painting. You would have more chance of catching a chupacabra with a piece of bacon and a string than you would of climbing with honor. Que verguenza!
But there is a man who climbs with honor. He has pantalones rojos and I watched one day in La Milagrosa Canyon as I was searching for baby eagles to take and raise as my special companions-- I watched ese caballero ascend el camino "Community Service" sin cuerda, ghuey! To a caballero like that, I would make a gift of this very vial of the lagrimas de mi madre that she gave me on the very day that she was eaten by a white leon in the mountains of Oaxaca. But I did not learn his name. Hasta I see him again, I at least will know that somewhere in the mountains there is a man with honor.

Hasta la victoria siempre,
Mas Que Humano

1 comment:

  1. Gracias, Senor Humano. Your climbing, vision and integrity are an inspiration to us all and help give me the strength to push myself a little further, and maybe one day you will find my climbing honorable.

    Thank you for taking the time to post to our blog.

    ReplyDelete